Dark Vs Light Timber Floors – Know The Differences
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to know that timber floors can be a great addition to any home out there. They not only look elegant but also provide a timeless value to your property. Even though you have chosen timber floors as your preferred flooring option, you still have to decide the ideal colour for the same. The hue that you’ll be choosing – either dark or light – will ultimately dictate the overall look of your home interiors.
Each hue for timber floors has its merits and demerits. So, before you make your final decision, we suggest going through our in-depth guide, described as follows.
Choosing Dark Timber Floors
According to a professional service provider for floor sanding and polishing, dark timber floors can never go out of fashion. They always remain a traditional and class colour choice for most homeowners, especially because of their overall elegance.
- They’re perfect for most interior styles and designs.
- They help in highlighting the natural grains of wood better.
- They can easily hide floor imperfections and dirt on the floor surface.
- They don’t fade quickly.
- Dark timber floors can show up pet hairs and scratches pretty easily.
- Doesn’t provide much sense of space inside your home interiors.
Choosing Light Timber Floors
If you want a contemporary flooring style, then there’s no better option than light timber floors. Homeowners like to prefer light timber floors because of the airy feeling they offer. Some of the major light colour palettes include – blonde, natural, grey, beige and whitewashed.
- Can easily brighten up any room and thereby make the room feel spacious & bigger.
- Helps in hiding dust and light-coloured pet hairs.
- Helps in keeping your home interiors less dramatic and more subtle.
- Quite easy to clean.
- Can easily show wear & tear, especially in high traffic areas.
- Can reflect light more than you can think of.
- Maintenance is required, such as sanding & polishing, to enhance its longevity.
Is It Possible To Alter The Colour Of A Timber Floor?
You can change the colour of your timber floors simply by opting for procedures such as floorboard staining & polishing. However, only a handful of homeowners out there know that such a scenario is possible, which is why we as professionals for timber floor sanding and polishing, are trying our best to promote the same.
We hope that our above-mentioned guide has been helpful in your decision-making process. Always remember that you should choose your timber flooring hue based on the lifestyle you live so that the floors will be able to complement your everyday preferences and/or requirements. For more information, contact our timber flooring experts right away.